February 12, 2022
Interpretation and Definitions
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- IPEF refers to „Interactive Predictions in Economics and Finance”.
- Organization (referred to as either „we”, „us” or „our” in this Agreement) refers to IPEF.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by the Service, containing the details of your browsing history on that Service among its many uses.
- Country refers to Poland.
- Device means any device that can access the Service.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website accessible from https://ipef.org.pl/ or from its subdomains.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Organization. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Organization to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Organization, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Organization in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself.
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service or the company or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
Usage data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent browsing those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including – but not limited to – the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Service may use local stored objects to collect and store information about your preferences or your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies.
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of the Service may contain small electronic files known as web beacons, which permit us (among others) to count users who have visited our pages and for other related website statistics. For example, they allow us recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity.
We may use both Persistent and Session Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
Use of Your Personal Data
We may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service, including to monitor the usage of the Service.
- To contact you: by e-mail or other equivalent forms of electronic communication regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to us.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve the Service, marketing and your experience.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of the Service or to contact you.
- With other users: When you share your personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of the Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Organization’s offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Law enforcement and other legal requirements
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency). We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with any legal obligation.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Organization.
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service.
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public.
- Protect against legal liability.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.